As important and dedicated supporters of the Kinnickinnic River Land Trust, we want to say thank you. We are incredibly grateful for how many of you continue to reach out and share positive stories during this unusual time. Today, our commitment to you and our mission to protect the Kinni and its watershed is as strong as ever. Although our office is closed and staff are working to keep themselves and their families safe during this global COVID-19 crisis, we are continuing our conservation efforts. Please read below for an important operational status update.
- Our nature preserves will remain open to the public and free every day. KRLT is in the process of improving access to our Trumpeter Swan Preserve near Roberts, WI and anticipate sharing more good news in April 2020. Click here for locations. We hope you can find peace and comfort on the trails and ask that you please follow CDC guidelines to keep you safe.
- Although staff are working remotely from home, we are available by phone or email to hear about your experiences on the preserves, share updates about on-going projects, and learn more about you.
- Our annual KinniRiverCleanUp will look a little different this year, please stayed tuned for more information about the event. We are continuing to reassess future events in the coming weeks with the intention of keeping participants and attendees safe.
- All volunteer activities have been suspended until further notice. We look forward to improving our preserves with you soon! Feel free to sign up on our website to be notified of future volunteer events.
- We will keep you updated! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please join our email list to receive our Kinni-Keeper and for the latest on KRLT happenings. Keep in touch on social media, we would love to see your photos of the nature preserves and outings on the Kinni. Use hashtags like #mydayontheKinni or #6feetawayontheKinni to showcase how the river has been a part of your day.
We look forward to your continued support for the Kinnickinnic River Land Trust during these uncertain times. Our mission to protect the Kinni and support the community that loves it will always be our priority.
Charlene Brooks, Executive Director
Your voice is important, contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 715- 425-5738